Stamichman’s Educational Trail
- It is intended especially for families with children but it will be interesting also for other visitors of Dolní Morava. The trail connects the parking site at the bottom station of the U Slona chairlift and the Marcelka Info Centre at the bottom station of the Sněžník chairlift.
- At the 10 stations spread along an approximately 800-metre long forest trail, you will meet Stamichman the mountain spirit and you will learn many interesting facts about the forest and its inhabitants.
- Apart from the interactive elements and panels showing the Stamichman’s story there are wooden sculptures at each station.
- At the station titled “How Stamichman met chamois“, children will find a wooden hide for hunters and they will learn what the difference between animal horns and antlers is.
- Station no. 3 titled “How Stamichman built stone caves” features, apart from two sheltered sets of benches, a model of a cave made of stones collected by farmers when farming their mountain fields.
- The other stations focus on mountain flora, mushrooming or information on how to behave in a forest.